This add-on provides an CSV-based import/export backend for items described in following sections. Of course, you may create your own import-/export mappings.
II. Supported versions
This add-on is supported by OTRS v5.x.x., v6.x.x.
III. Installation process
1. After logging in go to top bar and click on Admin to open the Admistration panel. Then go to System Administration section (bottom right side) and find Package Manager module. This module will allow you to update and extend your system by installing additional packages.
2. Inside Package Manager module search for the "actions" window which you will find on the left side of the panel and click on "browse" button.
3. After clicking the button there will appear a new browser window which will allow you to choose the file you want to install. Then you should click "open".
4. Now you should click on "install package" button below the "browse" button.
If all previous steps were done in the proper way the message about OTRS Group recommendation should appear, if so please click the "continue" button. It means that the new module has been successfully installed.
IV. User's Guide
Before trying to use this add-on. It is necessary to install Import Export add-on.
1. Once the Service Import Export add-on has been installed go to the top bar and click on Admin to open the Administration panel. Then go to the System Administration Section (bottom right side) and find Import/Export Module.
2. Usually, when your Import Export add-on is installed you will have available the "add template" option. Service Import Export add-on will extend that with two additonal functionalities:
You can Import and export (as .CSV file) three lists:
Below there is an example of import/export function done for SLA list.
3. Exporting SLA list:
In order to export SLA list simple click on the "export " button. The .CSV file will be automatically generated and saved on your hard drive.
4. Importing Service2CustomerUser list:
This function updates the current Servie2CustomerUser list with information taken from the Service2customeruser list you want to import.
To import new list please click on the "import" button and from the next window click on the "choose the file" button.
5. Now in the system file explorer find and select the .CVS file you want to import. Once you have selected it, please click on the "start import" button.
6. After you have done it you will see new window with Import summary. It will tell you how many records you have imported and which of them have been imported correctly or with fail result.